Monday, December 04, 2006

Valapariso: The San Fran of South America

We´ve spent the last few days in Valapariso, or Valpo as the cool kids call it. I am totally a cool kid, so I´ll call it valpo from this point forward. First off, I still think that girl I mentioned is uber renard, however her taste in cities is like coopers ass, stinky.

I really like this place, it makes no sense, its is chaotic, and it is immensly beautiful. It was build up the side of a crazy steep hill and all the building just go straight up, there is graffitty just everywhere, but then also gorgeous urals at every turn just to add even more bohemian charm.

The most important thing is, we found food, and i mean amazing assed gourmet food with richness and flavors and textures like I´d pay 50 bucks for easy at home, yet here, its far less then half that, including copius wine and coffee. We´ve eated at the same small french restaurant twice in two days, and its been utterly fantastic both times. Wehave also had some unbelieavable think crust pizza, so yeah, we are certainly not loosing any weight in this town, and we are certainly not looking forward to what we´ll be eating after we leave.

We have met a number of wonderful people here too. An older couple who basically live how I think everyone should live when they retire. They spend time together, draw, and travel all over and they still seem very much in love. Halk and Erin, I hope with all my heart you stay as happy as these two are, for as long as they have been. In fact, i hope every one of my friends finds someone like that one day, as even though old people can be gross, there isn´t much more beautiful then old people still very in love.

We´ve also met a number of beautiful and friendly girls, some of whem we spent the day at the beach with today, which was our first really relaxing time just having a serious lay around. Matty and I had been hitting the wine pretty damn hard for the last 4 nights so I needed a break thats for certain. I´m a little sunburnt but im pretty sure it´ll be turning into a tan.

Tomorrow we are off to the mountains, and considered the poshest ski resort in chile, though ski season is closed. They have it open for trekking and kayaking etc. etc. all year so we are hoping to get some serious Andes mountain photos while we are there. I´ll update later, Phil out.

No comments: