Thursday, December 07, 2006

Gypsy Punks and Almost Lost Memories

Its the morning of the day we leave, and about 2 hours ago Matty and I decided to check out this crazy big market that sell everything you can imagine for impossibly low prices. Pants and shirts for $0.50 each and a kilo of tomatoes for the same price. It was pretty ridiculous.

We´re walking along jut abuot to exit the market and all of a sudden I feel hands on my arm, the arm that is attached to the hand that holding my camera. Instantly I go into defence mode, My hand grips that camera like it is the very heart keeping me alive, I´ve got almost 500 photos on there and there is simply no way that this guys going to seperate me from those. He screams at me something about being a gringo, and I tear my hand and camera away from him, and he turns and sprints away like the cowardly theif he is. I scream at him to fuck off, which he is already doing, and he can´t uderstand anyhow because hes spanish. Oh well, I´m sure my tone got the message across.

The whole scene takes about 5 seconds to go down, and we jsut look around a little stunned, yet relieved. He didn´t get shit, everyone in the market knows he is a theif, and o one was hurt. I would have much rather I got to hurt him, but thats the least of my concerns now. So we decide we should probably exit the market, and I decide I sshould probably pocket my camera for a while. Not incredibly smart to have it visible to everyone after all.

After that, we grabbed water from the car and just shilled in the park for a while, watched some kids playing around and some guy juggle pins... he was pretty solid too. Got 5 going at once and did behind the back juggling and all sorts of fun stuff. Mostly I sit and fantasise about the fight club scene where that pretty blond guy gets just mashed into the floor, and I imagine how great it would feel to pound that gypsy fucks face into the pavement untill I´m just driving pieces of bone into the ground. Ahh well, we´ll store that energy up for the next time someone tries to take something from me, or generally pushes me to far, and I get my hands on them. Sorry, machismo coming out there, but there's a lot of testosterone ripping through me right now.

Anyhow, We will see you all soon, and the best part of it is, we´ll all get to see the photos as well. I´m actually really happy to be coming home, as I miss all of you.

See you soon.

No comments: