Monday, January 08, 2007

"Friend Record"

I came across this video today:

The memories of the real deal came rushing back. The whistling s's of Grandma Gussie and the oh so scary "Friend Record". Who are you a friend of, Mr. Record? HMMM? Could it be, ohh I don't know...... the devil?

I remember all those times, you'd sneak on the TV smashing those wooden spoons together, wobbling menacingly back and forth like a homeless drunk, busking with whatever was there. This in turn would cause my childhood self to panic and rush, petrified, to try and turn you off, ruining yet another otherwise entertaining episode of Size Small. If I saw you, or anyone dressed like you today, I'd steal those god damned wooded spoons and beat you. I'd beat you right in your big stupid record face.

No comments: