Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Geoffy's comment addressed: European Federalisation

Geoff, as I didn't specify "use your own Ideas", I shall gladly address the questions you copyrighted directly from various "debate idea" websites. I was going to make fun of you for not coming up with your own shit, but considering the whole reson behind your comment, that would make me a bigger hypocrite then the catholic church!
For the sake of those readers who would rather not hear the drawn out details and complicated arguments behind the conclusions I've arrived at, I've taken the hours of research I've done on the subjects and put together what I feel is the simplest, yet most accurate way to address these complicated matters.

Geoffy Question #1A) (Original Source) : Should the EU further restrict the powers of its member states to set their own tax rates?
Yes!

Geoffy Question #1B) Should proposed harmonization measures be passed by majority voting or remain subject to national vetoes?
Vetoes!

Geoffy Question #2)(Original Source) Provide points for the European Union to become a federal super state, with the consequent loss of national sovereignty for member countries?
No!
Point #1: Fuck super states
Point #1: Fuck em' HARD

No comments: