Thursday, July 13, 2006

Please just stop.....

I had a lengthy entry written about the ongoing conflict between Israel and Lebanon here, and I was about halfway through when I just couldn't continue with it anymore. I just need to say a couple things to these "leaders" sending people out to murder civilians, while they sit safely behind their armored doors.
If you guys were children, you'd be throwing a tantrum over that other kid using your toy, kicking and screaming on the ground. At least then you'd have parents to pick you up, hug you and hopefully calm you down... make you realize it really isn't worth crying over.

Stop. Please just stop. I wish I could scream that in all your faces.

We all hear the statistics on the radio, and read them in the news. We must force ourselves to understand that every statistic had a life that left more than just a number behind. A life that left a mother weeping crumpled on dusty earth, or a brother crying clinging desperately to a lifeless hand, hoping, somehow it would squeeze back. They leave a posse, just like ours, with a wound in it's heart that nothing will ever heal. My only fear is a product of that image, and I can't begin to imagine that kind of pain.

There is more to say, but it's so hopeless.

I'm done. I just can't think about it anymore, and I can barely see my screen.

I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG... this is so tragic. it makes me feel sick to think of the details.... and furious really... good topic.

peace and revolution always, doll!
-- aim